Tuesday, January 02, 2007

What's New Pussycat?

What's New Pussycat, is probably one of the cutest songs out there. It is also the song that's most likely to make me dissolve into a fit of tears after just one line.

Why, you ask?

Because for about 5 days, I sat trying to feed my sweet little dying kitty, Misty and while I was doing it I was singing that song.

She was my little patient and I was doing anything I could to keep her spirits up, hoping that God would grant us just a little more time.

God, however had other plans, plans that I wish He in his infinite wisdom would have consulted me on.

Now I can't listen to that song at all.

I got through the first verse last night, when it showed up on my old Muvo, while I was exercising in the basement. I thought I might be able to make it through the whole thing. But Tom had no sooner sung about those "Big little pussycat eyes," when the tears finally came, and lasted until the last words were sung.

Needless to say, that song is coming off my Muvo for good.

0 comments: