Friday, January 19, 2007

Top 5 On Friday - Week 107

From those ladies @

Top 5 songs that make you hit the repeat button (songs that you can listen to over and over again)

This post could be labeled songs Fish and the other DJs at 99.3 The Pickle play to make The Mistress Of The Dark crazy, but I decided to go with a few songs that I have to play over and over that aren't....GASP....OLDIES.

The Spinners - Cupid
(I finally found out who sang this one yesterday. It sticks in my head every time I hear it and the Pickle DJs don't seem to like telling me what song it is. Glares at Fishy! I bought the download yesterday so I could play it a few hundred times)

Cliff Richard - Climbing Up Mount Everest
(I love Sir Cliff. I love that no matter what, I can find a song or two of his that bring their suitcases with them when they get played and I have to hit repeat for a few days to get them out of my system. This song is so bouncy and perky, I dare you not to get up and sing and dance along)

Erasure - Tell It To Me
(This was one of the Solsbury Hill single's B-sides. It's all that an Erasure song should be. It's bouncy. It's peppy. It's CATCHY! It's worse than a cold! This is one of my favorite Erasure songs. In my eyes, these guys can do no wrong. Even the albums I should hate kick butt!)

Gordon Lightfoot - High & Dry
(It's a pirate song!! Have I mentioned I ♥ Gordon Lightfoot? Have I mentioned that PICKLE neglects him in a terrible way. I think the DJs sense my obsessions and then decides to never play any of their material to spite me! They did play If You Could Read My Mind yesterday, so I won't be too mad at them, considering it's Pickle's fault that I have this obsession)

Elvis Costello - Mouth Almighty
(Many songs from Punch the Clock fall in this category. But this one has a line that I love. I used to shoot my mouth off til you've had enough of me once or twice nightly.

0 comments: