Today's prompt is to write about my day in great detail. I wish there was a lot to write about on this subject but there isn't much to say here.
My work days are full of routine. The day starts at 5:45 a.m. when the alarm goes off. I mistakenly called a family friend instead of my sister who I usually wake at this time. I later had to explain and apologize to that friend. (I would have killed me...but thankfully I didn't wake this person up when I made the mistaken call)
After that, liter boxes get cleaned and I get ready for work. As always, I was running late, but I did make it to work on time! Yay me!
Spoke to my buddy Yunko at work, but other than that, it was a pretty uneventful day.
Came home, made baked chili for dinner and passed out candy to the trick or treaters. For the first time in years we had tons of kids and the candy was gone 20 minutes into the hour.
After supper, watched Dr. Ken and Rachel Maddow then took a nap.
That was pretty much my day.
A snoozefest definitely, which is why I've probably been so lax at blogging in recent months. There just isn't much to say anymore.
Today's topic are 10 likes and dislikes. Such fun!
1. Doctor Who: I love everything about this show. I like that is constantly evolving. Its Sci-fi, for sure, but it has drama and comedy and unfortunately at times, it has romance. (I hope that part is gone for awhile). My favorite episodes usually involve historical figures and even though they usually get a lot of the history wrong, the are still great episodes.
2. Cooking: I didn't learn how to cook until I was in my 30s, but once I got started, I really found that I enjoyed it. I love making cookies, and it was one of the things I did for my father, because he had such a sweet tooth. That's why I haven't really been able to do much baking in the last year. It is too painful for me.
3. Animals: I'm a crazy cat lady, but I also love dogs and llamas and deer, and bunnies and cows and chickens..and well, I love animals. I like them a heck of a lot more than I like most people.
4. Sitcoms: Aside from Doctor Who, most of the tv shows that I enjoy are comedies. I do like dramas like Sherlock and Downton Abbey, but I prefer giggles most of the time. My favorite sitcoms now are The Big Bang Theory, Dr. Ken, The Middle, The Goldbergs and The Muppets.
5. Ancient Aliens: Speaking of tv shows, I'm addicted to this show and its strange ancient astronaut theories. Some of the stuff is definitely nonsense, but there are other things that will make you think. I also believe that you have to be totally foolish to thing that in the vastness of the universe that we are the only living beings out there.
6. Books: I need a library of my very own, I really do. I'm working on that right now. My cookbooks and regular books need a proper home! Oh and I have 2 nooks and a kindle. Nuff said there, right?
7. Jon Stewart: I miss him so much on The Daily Show. I do love me some Trevor Noah though, but there was something special about Jon. I think because he really cared about a lot of the stuff on the show. I also love that he's fighting for animals too, which is a cause close to the heart of his wife, who was a vet tech.
8. 60s music: Yup I love all the psychedelic stuff and the bubble gum pop of that era. That was when music was really good and when it didn't matter so much how you looked, but whether you could crank out a quality tune.
9. Photography: I don't do it as much as I used to, but I love getting the perfect shot, even if it is with my phone's camera.
10. Coffee: Starbucks is my drug of choice, nuff said.
1. Over hyped books and movies: Twilight, The Hunger Games, heck even Star Wars, I'm sick to death of stuff that gets rammed down your throat at every turn.
2. King of Queens: I don't know what I hate more about this show Leah Remini or Jerry Stiller.
3. Republicans: I can only take so much crazy and right now there's too much of that on the elephant side of the political spectrum.
4. The Kardashians: This might fall in the over hyped things. I'm so sick of seeing them everywhere.
5. Reality TV: Thanks to reality tv we have number 4 and a host of other obnoxious personalities that have absolutely no talent.
6. Extreme temperatures: I don't know what I dislike more, 90 degrees or 10 below zero.
7. People that don't follow through: I hate when people promise things and then never ever do them.
8. When people don't replace the damn toilet paper roll. How freaking hard is it?
9. People that are allergic to garbage. If something is empty or you have a wrapper, throw it away!!!!!
10. Not getting more than 6 hours of sleep. (On my like list...sleep would be number 11)
Bilbo is playing around with a 30 day challenge, and I decided to find one too, because I seriously need to get back to blogging and well as many of you can see, I'm really lousy at it anymore, and that makes me sad, so I'm going to give it ago.
Things About Myself
What to say about myself?
I'm a fat girl who loves to cook and read and listen to music. (Well not as much with the music as in my past)
I am a first time homeowner this year, and my house is just a little bit possessed. We have outlets and fixtures that randomly start working for no reason and I think the former owner's husband might still be hanging around. If it isn't him, than I'd say my daddy's spirit has followed us to the new house, not that I have any problems with that.
I am a die hard Doctor Who fan, and I don't really have a favorite Doctor, because whoever the current doctor is, is the one I love. I also love Torchwood and the Sarah Jane Adventures. Sarah Jane and Donna Noble are my two favorite Doctor Who companions and my favorite epis from New Who are Vincent and the Doctor, Mummy on the Orient Express and The Unicorn and the Wasp.
I love books and I have a book blog called A Chick Who Reads which I update pretty regularly. I read many genres, but historical fiction and mysteries are my favorite genres. (Historical mysteries make me giddy.
Music has always been a driving force in my life. There are too many artists in my "loves" category to mention, but I would be remiss if I didn't say my life would be different if I had never heard Elvis Costello, The Moody Blues, Gordon Lightfoot and Celtic Thunder.
I am a caregiver for my mom and up until Nov 16, 2014, I was also the caregiver for my father. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss him terribly.
I was flipping through the latest issue of All You magazine where I found this awesome little muffin.
Its not really a recipe
Its Jiffy corn muffin mix made according to package directions.
Put a Tbspn of batter in the muffin cups and then put a tsp of cranberry sauce over it and top with remaining batter. To pretty it up put a fresh cranberry in the center and bake at 400 for about 15-20 minutes.
They are yummy and going to be an addition to our Thanksgiving table.
I love rice casserole. It is a wonderful dish for a cool fall or winter day. It has very few ingredients and most are ones you have on hand in your pantry.
Its one of the casseroles that mom always made and its one that I really love and most everyone that has it enjoys too.
1/2 c chopped onion
1 lb ground meat
1 can cream of mushroom
2 cans of chicken noodle
3/4 c of uncooked rice
Brown ground meat with chopped onion.
Drain excess fat
Add 1/2 cup of water and the rice and cook for about 5 minutes
Transfer to a 2 qt baking dish and mix with the soups. I would also add another 1/2 cup of water to help the rice cook
bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until bubbly and rice is done.
* Check periodically stirring and adding water if necessary.
Serve with your favorite veggie and cranberry sauce (OK that's just my preference but I love it)
If you like cajun seasoning and alfredo, I've got a great recipe for you. I apologize for no pictures, but it was so good, we just kept right on eating.
It is super simple and super reasonable and will feed at least 4 people (who like to go back for seconds)
Cajun Sausage Alfredo
1 ring of smoked sausage
1 package of frozen onion and pepper mix (I used bird's eye)
2 jars of Alfredo sauce (I used the Walmart brand, but use your favorite basic sauce or make your own if you are so inspired)
1 package of rigatoni or any other similar pasta
2 tsp Cajun seasoning
Prepare your pasta according to package direction
Cut sausage into rings and toss into pot at medium to heat through, then add frozen veggies. (If your veggies aren't thawed drain liquid once they soften)
Add sauce and then the spices. I would add a tsp at a time and taste. I'm sure I used more than the 2 tsp in mine, but it all depends on how much kick you want your sauce to have.
Add pasta and serve.
This is a meal that doesn't take much time to prepare and one you can easily feed 4-5 people with for under $10 bucks.
Its definitely a winner in my book and the same with the rest of my family.
1989/? - Nov 2, 2006
Sleep well sweet prince.
1993 - Dec 16, 2006
Sleep well baby girl
199? - July 21, 2008
Sleep well baby, Itch.
1995 - August 27, 2009
Purrbee was a nice little dog. Sleep well sweet prince
1993 - Sept 20, 2009
Mutchka: The Great Mutchcoweeo, he was always looking for food for his piehole.
May 17, 2012 - June 9, 2013
Blinky Mucker: My sweet sweet binky mucker, I love the Blinky Mucker
April 2, 2006 - Aug 29, 2013
Bootsie: Bootsietardalopasaurus, the invisi-cat