Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Take Me Back Tuesday - Week 106

From

Tell us about your first Musical Obsession! We want to know.


Who was it?
I'm pretty sure that for me it was The Monkees back in the late 1970's when WPGH in Pittsburgh used to play the show in reruns every day at 4 o'clock. These guys made my young life very amusing.

Why did you like them?
Well even at 5 I was all about the music and that cute little british guy that said little metal bottle tops in the sweetest way. I was going to marry Davy Jones when I was 5 years old. Mind you, if he asked me to marry him now...I probably wouldn't hesitiate to say yes.

Hey! A girl's got to dream, right?

What were your favorite songs they did?
Daydream Believer (Of course. It would be wrong if it wasn't on the list)

Star Collector (Another Davy song. It took until the mid-80's before I found an LP with that song on it. It was a picture disc, LP at that. I still have it, and it still plays!)

Your Auntie Grizelda (Anyone that didn't like this silly song is just ...I don't know...just anti-silly.)

Gonna Buy Me A Dog (Another silly one, but at 5 what can you expect. Ok, I still like that one, sue me.

Laugh (The song from the little metal bottle tops episode)

Do you still like them today? Why or Why not?
The Monkees are still a pretty big staple in my music collection. I've seen them in concert nearly as many times as The Moody Blues and I saw Davy Jones last summer at Falconi Field in Washington, PA. Front row. Dead center! Squee! There's very little fun pop music anymore, so I dig back to the stuff I loved as a kid. How can you not love The Monkees anyway?

0 comments: