When you sit around your house all day taking care of people, your mind starts to wander.
When you hit 40 and you feel like you've done nothing with your life, your mind goes on vacation.
My mind wants to go a lot of places, but most aren't possible now.
I have started bucket list of places I want to go before I die.
Thousand Islands, NY: I want to explore all the gorgeous castles there.
Put In Bay, OH: I read a book set in this town this year, and it looks like a place I'd love to visit.
Chicago, IL: My other mother (my online bff for the last 10 + years) lives there.
Blackwater Falls State Park, WV (I love waterfalls)
Natural Bridge in Virginia
I'd also love to see the New River Gorge Bridge in OH and the Y Bridge in Zanesville, OH
Tours of the Wineries in PA
If I would somehow manage to fall into buckets of cash....I'd add London to my list too.
Here are a few random things I've learned in the last few years taking care of my parents. It is something everyone should have in the back of their heads, unless they have shittons of money and can afford a personal nurse or a great assisted living home.
1. Wiping adult bums is a lot more painful than a baby's backside.
2. Heath Insurance companies are all asshats.
3. Hospice is not fun and some of the nurses are damn annoying. (Other nurses and aids are angels)
4. Check your life at the door, you won't have one for awhile. (There will be times when you feel guilty for wishing you had one)
5. No one seems to understand what you are going through.
6. Sleep is a thing of the past.
7. It is never easy to deal with a loved one saying that they should be dead, when all you want is more time.
8. Your house will never be clean.
9. Your nerves will be shot.
10. Respite from caregiving is often not an option.
That said....I hope that none of you have to go through this. Watching a loved one in their last days, no matter if it is days, weeks or months....is a terrible thing to do.
1989/? - Nov 2, 2006
Sleep well sweet prince.
1993 - Dec 16, 2006
Sleep well baby girl
199? - July 21, 2008
Sleep well baby, Itch.
1995 - August 27, 2009
Purrbee was a nice little dog. Sleep well sweet prince
1993 - Sept 20, 2009
Mutchka: The Great Mutchcoweeo, he was always looking for food for his piehole.
May 17, 2012 - June 9, 2013
Blinky Mucker: My sweet sweet binky mucker, I love the Blinky Mucker
April 2, 2006 - Aug 29, 2013
Bootsie: Bootsietardalopasaurus, the invisi-cat