I wanted to blog yesterday, but I really got busy with house stuff.
I cleaned my dining room buffet, mopped the floor, took a lot of stuff to the basement, where I cleaned off some shelving.
Got the bathroom looking pretty shiny too.
Made mom a meatloaf for her lunches this week.
Seriously folks, being on a low sodium diet makes meal planning a bitch. Mom is on a very low sodium diet, and besides veggies, I have no idea what to feed her that won't land her in the hospital with IV lasix.
Oh and I bought my Daybed. Found a great buy at Wayfair for $100.00 and a Serta mattress locally for $250!
Now I just need to get a nice cozy throw and my room will be a reading nook!
Hopefully by next week everything will be all situated.
1. If you were free to just hop in the car and drive, where would you go? Or, if you could hop a plane and go anywhere, where?
I think I'd want to go somewhere I haven't been before, so I would start driving to New York until I ended up at Alexandria Bay and could get on a boat and head to Boldt Castle. This is on my bucket list of places to go at some point in my life.
2. What's your most recently read favorite book?
The Roanoke Girls is absolutely fabulous.
I read it for a book tour a few weeks ago. If you were a fan of books like Flowers in the Attic, (Or anything by V.C. Andrews) this is an absolute must read.
3. What's your favorite Spring Break memory?
I never did the whole spring break thing. I was poor. I still am. Flying to Florida was never in my budget. The only spring break memory I really have is the one that involved 53 inches of snow in 1993. Yup. My first spring break in college and we got a blizzard!
4. What do you put in your child's Easter basket? Or, for those w/o kids, what was put in your childhood basket?
No kids here, but I still do Easter baskets. They are always full of candy. Hershey's kisses, M & M's and anything else that looks good. I like to fill plastic eggs with candy sot that they look like the basket is full of colored eggs
5. Do you get a summer haircut?
Nah, though if I'm lucky I get a trim in the summer to make my head feel lighter.
Thursday 13 is an easy meme with no topic except for the one you choose. Simply make a list of 13 things and post it on Thursday. Topics folks use include books, photos, runaway thoughts, collections, lists of whatever you are interested in.
Thirteen things I need to do to this weekend. Most of them deal with spring cleaning.
1. Get to the YMCA Saturday and Sunday. (I really need to try to get back there on a more regular basis)
2. Finish reading the 3 library books I have on my TBR pile.
3. Try to get my dining room floor to look clean. (I have a floor that is super porous. If I use stuff like Swifter wet jet cleaner on it or any normal cleaner, I get a horrid white residue, and I can't find the Pledge finishing coat for it anywhere lately)
4. Organize my basement pantry. (My canned goods are getting out of hand)
5. Come up with a menu list for next week.
6. Listen to music. (I haven't really enjoyed music in such a long time. I need it back in my life)
7. Decorate the living room for spring. (It looks very bleh in there)
8. Give the bathroom a good clean.
9. Go through my closet for items to donate to goodwill. (I need to give up my skinny girl clothes that I've been dreaming I'll fit into again. It ain't happening)
10. Put up the new curtains in the upstairs rooms. (Not ready for the cats to kill them in the dining room and living room)
11. Make a new recipe for dinner.
12. Do some online browsing for a daybed for my room.
1989/? - Nov 2, 2006
Sleep well sweet prince.
1993 - Dec 16, 2006
Sleep well baby girl
199? - July 21, 2008
Sleep well baby, Itch.
1995 - August 27, 2009
Purrbee was a nice little dog. Sleep well sweet prince
1993 - Sept 20, 2009
Mutchka: The Great Mutchcoweeo, he was always looking for food for his piehole.
May 17, 2012 - June 9, 2013
Blinky Mucker: My sweet sweet binky mucker, I love the Blinky Mucker
April 2, 2006 - Aug 29, 2013
Bootsie: Bootsietardalopasaurus, the invisi-cat