Wednesday, January 24, 2007

It's Hump Day

And you all know what hump day means, right? It means I parade pictures of my hunks on the blog. But do you really know why I pick the hunks I do? After all, most of the guys make an appearance every week.

Elvis Costello makes the list for a few good reasons.

1. I love geeky boys.

2. He gives some of the best hugs out there.

3. He's smashing to his fans. I've met the man twice and twice enjoyed him telling off the evil nazi-like security at the awful venues we have in Pittsburgh.

4. He speaks his mind. Take the version of The Scarlet Tide he's been singing on his recent tours as an example. (Anyone that wants an mp3 of the song with those lyrics, give me a shout and I'll get the song to you)

5. I've finally gotten over my period of sulking over the last album that I really didn't like even though it's up for a Grammy Award.

Justin Hayward is another long time hunk of mine.

1. The man has the voice of an angel.

2. He looks really good in those jeans

3. Those baby blues

4. He wrote Don't Need A Reindeer!

5. He uses more hairspray than I do.

6. He plays a mean guitar solo. Mmmm The Story In Your Eyes. Best Moodies guitar solo, ever! OK, I fib that's Higher & Higher, but everyone is busy watching Graeme's dance to pay attention to his greatness.


Cliff Richard is one of my newer hunks, though I've loved the song Suddenly since I was in grade school.

1. Look at him, for crying out loud. He's a Living Doll. (Pun intended)

2. His music sticks in my head all the time and I don't mind it. (Even when it's Mistletoe and Wine. The people of the US don't know what they are missing out on by not loving him)

3. Even his bad music is good.

4. He knows how to shake his groove thang!

5. He shakes his groove thang in leather trousers!!!

The Monkees were my first love at 5 and look, I'm 32 and I still love them!

1. They are so darn cute.

2. The music is cheesy pop goodness.

3. The TV show always makes me smile.

4. They kick butt in concert even though half the band didn't know how to play their instruments!

5. Mike Nesmith wrote some damn good songs!

And of course Fish makes the list. How could he not?

1. He's the cutest "Fish" I've ever seen. (Sure beats looking at the carp in Linesville!)

2. He has a good sense of humor. (Thank God!)

3. He plays music that doesn't make me scream! (most of the time)

4. He didn't beat me with a stick after reading the 101 list.

And because yesterday was The State Of The Union...The Mistress of The Dark would like to give her state of the union.

"If I were the queen of the world, tell you what I'd do. I'd throw away the cars and the bars and the wars and make sweet love to you"

0 comments: