Saturday, January 06, 2007

Have You Ever Just Wanted To Share Something?

Last night I found a song that I wanted to share with the whole world or at least with someone that understood my appreciation for oldies and good cover versions.

I was listening to The Bangles Greatest Hits. I haven't been listening to my 80's stuff in ages, probably since The Moody Blues took over as my favorite band a few years back, but last night I started to listen again. Oye!

Well, I was playing this CD



when the song Where Were You When I Needed You came on.

I stopped. I stared at my computer. This was a Grass Roots song. Of course at the time I had originally purchased this disc I didn't really care much about The Grass Roots. They were just the first band to open for The Monkees in 86.

Suddenly hearing this song made me smile. I wanted to share my joy. I was ready to open the email box and point this little tidbit out to one person in particular. Then I thought, why the hell am I doing this? This person does not care about the little bit of joy I acquired by hearing this song. It's an excellent cover too, I might add.

I was a bit depressed. So I shared my joy with Jill. I hope she didn't mind being second best.

0 comments: