Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

2008 came in quietly here as it usually does. I spent my evening with my family sitting around the kitchen table eating lots of great munchies. We had a fabulous tray of eatables, bbq lil smokies, sweet and sour and swedish meatballs as well as cheese and crackers. It was all quite tasty.

In between munching I continued reading a great book by Jean Plaidy, called The Princess of Celle, a historical novel about the life of one of the uncrowned queens of England and the rise to power of the Hanovers. I'm about halfway through it, and like all novels by Jean Plaidy (aka Victoria Holt) its wonderful.

So I might have had a quiet evening, but it was a pleasant one. I'm not a girl for partying. Not that I don't mind getting out for a few drinks, but crazy revelry is not me. So I was happy with the way things were.

I hope the quiet and peacefulness of my New Year's Eve extends into 2008 for me and for all of you.

May the troubles of 2007 be gone and soon forgotten!

Hugs and love to all of you for 2008

0 comments: