Wednesday, January 09, 2008

When Did It Happen

When did male singers drop out of my CD want list, at least new male singers. Just about every CD on my wishlist with a male vocalist is over 55, McCartney, Lightfoot, those blasted Moody Blues reissues, but little or no current artists with male vocalists.

When did I start liking female singers?

Before I had only a handful that I liked, Siouxsie Sioux, Alison Moyet, ehm Madonna up to a point, Debbie Harry...and then something changed and now female voices seem to dominate my CD purchases.

When did I start liking girlie music? Am I getting old? Is my taste turning to crap?

I'm worried.

Really I am.

I think it's Diana Krall's fault. I don't even call her Krallomort anymore! And to be perfectly honest, I have all her CDs and I love them.

Mind you I still find it hard to listen to girls with those little baby voices. They still annoy me, but apparently I've become much more open to female voices because if you look at my last.fm page, you will see that Grey Eye Glances is at the number 4 spot in my top artists and 2 other females make the top 20.

What is my musical taste coming to?

At least the women I listen to keep their clothes on, so that is a plus.

0 comments: