Sunday, January 20, 2008

Another Fantastic Quote From A Novel

I'm reading Jill Connor Browne's The Sweet Potato Queens' First Big Ass Novel



I love it so far. It's the perfect chick book and no it's not a romance! So there. But as I'm reading it I've found another one of those passages that apply to my life. See, as a young girl I had dreams of Broadway. I longed to play Eva Peron in Evita or Grizabella in Cats or Eponine in Les Miz. (Damn Deborah Gibson for doing that, since she has such a crap voice) But there was on thing that kept me from that dream, my voice curdles milk.

In this book I found a sentence that better suits me though.

"I was born white with the vocal talent of an underlaid cat in heat"

The character in the book wanted to be a Supreme or a Pip. I laughed long and hard at that line, and said, yup that's me. I sing like an underlaid cat in heat and I curdle milk.

So yeah, you probably shouldn't ask me to sing anything.

0 comments: