Saturday, January 12, 2008

Culture: I'm Getting Some

Tonight I'm off to see a play.

Wow!

I've never seen a play before.

Seriously.

Musicals, yes. Of those, I've seen many.

Mind you, what I'm going to see isn't a serious play. I'm going to see Late Night Catechism, which is a funny poke at the Catholic Church. As I'm a semi-practicing Catholic myself, I think I can appreciate it.

I'm one of the few semi-fallen away Catholics that doesn't have a real issue with the church. I haven't been guilt tripped into a certain way of thinking. I know that men and that includes priests and all the hierarchy of EVERY religion is fallible. And lets face it, most fallen away Catholics have disagreements with some doctrine handed down by the higher authorities in the church. My belief is that some things are between you and God. If you think the church is wrong, so be it. I think they are wrong on many scores, but I'm not going to hunt down another religion because of it. But then again, that's me.

I also believe that in every life there must be humor, so I think this little bit of fun will be worth it. Plus it will be a night out, which I sorely need! Yay!

0 comments: