Friday, January 11, 2008

Top 5 On Friday - Week 158

From Music Memoirs

Top 5 "Perfect" albums (albums that you can play all the way through without skipping a track)

This is a hard one, because there are very few albums that I don't have at least one track that I don't care for.

1. Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Blood & Chocolate


For me this one is flawless and contains several of my favorite songs that EC has written, I Want You, Blue Chair, Next Time Round, Crimes Of Paris, Battered Old Bird. It doesn't get much better than this.

2. Elvis Costello - Brutal Youth



My 2nd favorite EC album and the only other one I consider perfect. There's not a track on this one that I don't love either.

3. Erasure - Chorus



This was one of the first Erasure albums I bought and I still love it as much today as I did in the early 90's. It's pure synth pop goodness and though its not "deep thoughtful" music, it's a great album, with not a bad song on it.

4. The Beatles - Rubber Soul



My favorite Beatles album. I find most of the early Beatles albums to be perfect, but this is the most so for me, even with the creepy Run For Your Life song closing the album, its still perfect. Everyone has some winners on this one. Oh and it helps that my favorite Beatles song is on this one too. And if you don't know which one it is, I'm not telling you.

5. Gordon Lightfoot - Harmony


Fantastic album, and most likely it's going to be his last, as he's not recording much anymore. That is sad, because he's still got it, even if his past illnesses are affecting his playing. Two words that make this album the most perfect, Inspiration Lady.

0 comments: