Sunday, January 06, 2008

My Musical Taste Is So Weird

Anyone that managed to get close enough to peruse my CD collection would probably come away from it shaking their head in amazement and despair. My collection goes across the board, classic rock, pop, dance, electronic, folk.

I don't know what made this epiphany possible. Maybe it was as I decided that I needed to listen to Mark Lindsay of all people, while I pondered how I should clean up the Zen and if I should turn the Pink Christmas Zen O' Doom into a regular player again.

I start thinking more about music at this time of year because there is so very little to do.

I know that my loyalty to certain bands is waning. Not that I don't love The Moody Blues anymore or "my boys" as someone called them lately, but I need something to keep me interested and I can't justify spending hundreds on tickets and hotel rooms etc when they have nothing new to offer and their setlist doesn't change more than an iota. Now if they played closer to Pittsburgh, I'd go. I hope my friends in the eastern part of PA will get to see them on their next tour, as they are hitting two venues in the north and the south of PA in April.

As for me, I have no idea when I'll see them again. I prefer not to see them in Jersey anymore, because I want to see Jersey when I go there and not The Moody Blues.

Also I'd love to see Over The Rhine and Keri Noble if they tour this year. I'd like to give some love to bands that I haven't had the chance to see live.

But none of these artists seem to be related, and when you throw Duran Duran, who I would love to see again, even though I don't have much love for their latest offering, and Elvis Costello into the mix, well you can see where the strangeness comes from.

But I guess it's my strangeness that makes me unique, right?

Now if only I could find some people closer to me that could sit around, drink coffee and talk music, I'd be a truly happy bunny.

0 comments: