Sunday, January 27, 2008

Random 10 - Week 160

From Music Memoirs


10 songs that sum up your weekend...or were on your weekend playlist...and one picture that relates back. (oh, and if you feel like it, tell us why you picked the songs you did)

I listened to The Smithereens a lot this weekend. If you don't own a copy of Blown to Smithereens, I have only one thing to say to you, GO BUY IT!

The Smithereens - Behind The Wall Of Sleep
The Smithereens - Miles From Nowhere
The Smithereens - Strangers When We Meet
The Smithereens - Beauty & Sadness
The Smithereens - Yesterday Girl

I did listen to things other than The Smithereens though...

Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Next Time Round
Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Boy With A Problem
Justin Hayward - Marie
(I have no idea why I remember this one so much, as I hate this song with a passion that I cannot begin to describe)
Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
(He's coming to the Pittsburgh-ish area in June!!!)
Duran Duran - Want You More
(Blame the Zen Vision for that one)

And the picture? The Smithereens! Geek rock! Woo hoo!

0 comments: