Thursday, January 10, 2008

Say A Little Prayer

My little girl has breast cancer, or so the vet seems to think. This is a crushing blow.

I lost 2 cats last winter, one to old age and the other to feline leukemia. Some people have no love for animals, but I'm not one of them. I feed my animals off my plate and actually my one cat shares my milk glass on occasion.

I feel like I've been handed a death sentence for one of my children. I had hoped not to have to hear words like this for a good long time. Itchy's not even 10 years old. Right now her health is good, so I hope she has a bit more time with us than Misty did last year.

I'm not ready to lose her, though perhaps knowing now, before it's too late, I can prepare myself better for what's coming.

All this makes me question the concept of the merciful god that I was taught and do believe in. Why does he make creatures like cats and dogs or whatever animal really suffer?

Pray for my kitty please. I love my cats like they were children

0 comments: