Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Mp3 Player Ramblings

I have three Creative Mp3 players of varying sizes. I hate Ipods. I think most of you who know me, know that. It will be a cold day in hell before you see me giving Apple any of my money. It killed me to purchase the 4 songs I bought on Itunes. But I'm digressing, as I usually do.

I have a little flash drive player that I got a few years back. I call it my playlist player because it only holds about 30 songs and it runs on one AAA battery. I love the darn thing. I will not give it up until it dies. It's the Creative Muvo. It's red. Right now it has my winter songs playlist on it. I fell asleep to Justin Hayward singing December Snow. It was the first time I realized that he enunciates well. I'm digressing again.

My next player is my Creative Micro. It's a 4 GB player. Right now all my Christmas music resides on it. And thus my problem begins. Should I keep it there or clear the player to put my favorites on it? I just don't know. If I put my best of the best on it I'd be dragging it everywhere, only it doesn't have a protective case like my Vision has, and I don't want to scratch the screen. It already has 2 scratches and I know not how they got there.

Then there's my Zen Vision. It's my 30 GB player. It's also the player that gets dragged to the gym with me, however I put just about everything on it and I'm always finding that there are songs that bands I like do that really suck, because I'm a fool and I put full albums on the darn thing, when I don't like the full album.

Thus begins my other dilemma. I think its time to wipe all of them clear and try to sort through what I really listen to. Well at least we know that Elvis Costello will make the final cut as will his missus. Just a random comment, it's not easy to work out to Mrs. Costello crooning Willow Weep For Me.

I wish I knew what to do, but the process of clearing all the players is daunting, as I don't have the 2.0 USB ports as my computer is old. Thus giving me another dilemma, do I upgrade it one more time for around $100 or do I buy a shiny new Dell with a flat screen monitor, so that moving files is more instantaneous rather than meandering? But that's a totally different rant altogether.

GAH! What to do, besides shut up and deal with it, because that's just impossible for me.

0 comments: