Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I'm Dreaming Of A White New Year

Well it snowed last night. This is not good. Not that snow bothers me, but did it have to start snowing for the new year, when it just happens to be the day that I call payroll in, especially as my office is not to easy to get to when the weather is bad. And lordy I don't a repeat of the fiasco of last week. And of course it's shortly after 6 a.m. and the roads haven't been touched by the street crews.

Uh, did they not mention this storm?

It's the first day of school for our district too, so why can't are street crews in our lovely town of Charleroi on Mon actually be working? Oh yeah, the school called in their 2 hour delay early.

PAH! That means screw the rest of the town that might have to go to work or something. Adults can kill themselves trying to get to work, but if the snow might kill our kids its a totally different standard.

This makes no fucking sense to me.

Everyone's safety should be a priority. Oh but wait...the mighty dollar means more to the world then the employees getting to work on time.

This is my yearly snow rant.

I can't wait til the weekend. I wish I could just go back to bed. I'd feel so much better. I want a 2 hour delay.

0 comments: