Monday, January 21, 2008

Too Cold

OK, it is 500 below outside and I have to go to work in about an hour. This is absolutely wrong, but then again only banks and gov't employees get to have today off. I can only hope I can get into my office which will be an oven once I get inside. If I can get inside. I won't have another day off until Memorial Day, unless something nasty happens, and then that day will be a vacation day or a day without pay.

~sigh~

There really should be more days off in the winter.

What with the cold and other nasty stuff I fear for my old rusty Chevrolet. Bernie can't die yet. I'm not ready for that expense. I'm not sure when I will be ready for it.

To tell you the truth I envy my friends who live in the city who don't have to worry about the expense of owning and driving a car. Plus they have stuff to do, rather than sitting around in the house staring at the walls.

I'll content myself with the knowledge that even though I make less money and drive an old clunker that could fall apart at any given moment, that I at least don't pay as much in taxes. So yay me! I think.

Perhaps the cold has frozen my brain...

0 comments: