Thursday, January 03, 2008

Dead In The Water



Here's a crime novel that really held my attention. A gorgeous blonde (how typical) stands accused of murdering her husband at sea and is about to collect on a multi-million dollar insurance policy.

Stone Barrington is a New York, cop turned attorney who by bad luck just happens to attend her inquest at the small island of St. Marks where the legal system is far from fair.

So sets a strange string of events. Ex-wives appear as well as old acquaintances and at least one other person ends up dead and it casts a poor light on the heroine, who from the looks of things will hang.

Its a worthy read, entertaining and fast paced. Even I was surprised by the ending. It took all my willpower not to read the end first, as I often do when I'm reading mysteries.

If you go to the library or a book store and you need something for a cold winter's night, this book is a good choice, and that's saying something, since I usually prefer romance novels to myseteries

0 comments: