Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Body Hates Me

I've been trying to get back into the swing of the gym again. Since December I've been lucky if I get there once a week and I'm suffering for it.

This week I had plans of getting there at least four times.

Nope. It's looking like three, at least it will be if I make it there tomorrow and Saturday.

I wanted to go yesterday, but for some reason my lower back decided to make me suffer.

GAH!

It took until almost bedtime for me to be able to bend down without pain. Not fun. And I really want to get back to the gym regularly. I don't want my butt to start expanding out of control.

Of course I keep reminding myself that last Saturday I had to do some serious shoveling. Not snow, people, coal. Yes, we still have a coal furnace. I think I've mentioned that. Saturday we had 2 tons delivered and though I have two strong nephews, I was the lucky one to do most of the shoveling. (Because I want to get it the hell over with) This week I'm suffering for it. Every part of my body is sore.

I just want things to return to normal, or rather how they were before my gram was in the hospital and my mom started to have her back problems.

Is that too much to ask? I don't think so.

If only I had someone to go with me, or some form of motivation, maybe I wouldn't be whining about this now.

0 comments: