Friday, January 04, 2008

Top 5 On Friday - Week 157

From Music Memoirs


Top 5 "new" to you songs (That could be new songs...or songs you've just discovered)


1. Ringo Starr - Liverpool 8: I adore Ringo's new single. It's just so sweet and nostalgic and so very Ringo. It's hard not to love it.


2. The Smithereens - Time Won't Let Me: The song itself isn't new to me, but this version is. I never knew that anyone had ever covered this great tune, originally by the Outsiders.


3. Over The Rhine - How Does It Feel (To Be On My Mind): This is my new favorite band. I absolutely love this song from the compilation CD Discount Fireworks. I think it's from another CD as well, but I'm not sure which.


4. The Innocence Mission - Lake Shore Drive: Thanks to Nat for sharing this one or I never would have heard it. I used to love The Innocence Mission then I totally forgot they existed. Check out the song over at Nat's blog

5. Over The Rhine - Snow Angel: It's a Christmas song...but it's not a Christmas song and I didn't want to put 2 songs from the same band on this list, but I love Over The Rhine so much, and so should you.

LISTEN!

0 comments: