Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday Rant

Have any of you heard the new commercials for Match.com on the radio or tv? Where they tell your friends to uh, start a profile or whatnot and start matching you up with people, and if they hadn't you wouldn't be in the bathroom with your boyfriend brushing your teeth or sitting in living room on the couch with your gorgeous girlfriend watching a pelican documentary.

UH WTF!

If any of my friends ever did that for me I think I'd be in jail for battery, seriously.

I know some people have had success with these sites, and I have 1 which I don't check in on, unless I'm feeling bad for myself and I need to remember that I don't need to a man to validate my existence and make me a whole person.

To me, online dating is just a legal means of prostitution, and so many of the profiles read like profiles of desperation. I can think of one in particular that I read when I created mine that was a prime example of that, but never mind. I pick on that person enough.

But really I guess I still am too cynical to be able to attempt it. I see the people on the sites falling into 2 categories, desperate loser and "I want to get laid". There might be a third category too, but I won't go there.

I guess I know what I really want to find, and I know it's not online. I also grasp the fact that with so many regulations on dating in the workplace etc that its harder and harder to meat normal people, but somehow I find these sites to be far from a place for normal people.

At least for me, I'd rather be alone, and I seriously hope there aren't too many people out there that would start profiles on dating sites for their single friends.

0 comments: