Friday, January 25, 2008

Top 5 On Friday - Week 160

From Music Memoirs


Top 5 albums you'd recommend to your fellow bloggers


Hem - Funnel Cloud



A little bit country a little bit jazzy a little bit ethereal sounding. I love this band. This was the first album I've heard by them and I love it. If you like Grey Eye Glances and Over The Rhine...try Hem, you will be pleased that you did.

Over The Rhine - Trumpet Child



Did you think I wouldn't recommend one of their albums? Seriously this is some good music. They are another band that can cross genres well and the songwriting is gorgeous. Plus I love If A Song Could Be President.

Ringo Starr - Liverpool 8



Screw what the critics say about Ringo and those pissed of Liverpudlians. So he doesn't want to move back there. I probably wouldn't either. The album is fun and bouncy and pure Ringo good times. Check it out!

Liam Finn - I'll Be Lightning



He's definitely his father's son. This song is almost perfect. In fact, there's only one song that I don't like, so that says a lot. If you like Crowded House, try Neil's son's album, you'll be happy you did.

The Smithereens - Meet The Smithereens




A covers album ripped directly from Meet The Beatles. These Jersey boys covered the Beatles to near perfection. Buy it! Listen to it! Love it!

0 comments: