Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Debt Dilemma

I've done some figuring. By June I'll have a good chunk of my debt paid off. From there I can move on to paying off other things, so that I can start putting away money for a car, which I desperately need. I want a shiny blue Ford Focus, though I doubt I'll be able to afford one anytime soon.

I can probably get there if I take everything to the simplest necessities. But I don't think I can do that. I want to be able to do things. To live life a little bit. I guess that's the spoiled brat in me that won't go away.

But maybe its not. When I worked retail and much of the time I've been in the workforce I've denied myself vacations etc. I'm sick of that and if it means still being in debt awhile longer I'll probably deal with it. But I'm going to try to cut down on the stupid purchases that I don't need.

~gazes sadly at the CD wish list from amazon ~

I know I can do it though, but I'm going to see Gordon Lightfoot and Over The Rhine regardless, and I won't feel guilty because of it either! I deserve some things that make me happy, in the course of getting myself in a good situation.

0 comments: