Monday, February 12, 2007

Random 10 - Week 92

From the ladies @ Music Memoirs

10 songs that sum up your weekend...or were on your weekend playlist...and one picture that relates back. (oh, and if you feel like it, tell us why you picked the songs you did)

I'm tempted to say my whole weekend was all about the Tommy James Hold The Fire CD again. I just can't get enough of it. I recommend it to everyone that is a fan of that wonderful brand of pop music that only came from the 1960's

Tommy James - Ordinary Girl (Move over Nowhere Man, this is fast becoming my new theme song)

Tommy James - Hold The Fire (Sung at the top of my lungs while driving down I-70 is a wonderful thing)

Tommy James - Love Words (If I could have a slow dance with the man of my choice...and you can guess who that would be...this would be the song. And I don't care if my choice would trod on my toes either)

Keri Noble - Talk To Me

Come and talk to me
What are you waiting for
'Cuz I can see you passing every day and I'm always wanting more
Come and talk to me
What are you gonna do
'Cuz I can't seem to get the nerve to get off my own ass
And come and talk to you


I think Keri has summed things up nicely for me.

Gordon Lightfoot - Cotton Jenny
Gordon Lightfoot - Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
Gordon Lightfoot - Alberta Bound]
Gordon Lightfoot - Hangdog Hotel Room
(Has it been mentioned that Gordon Lightfoot brings me joy)

Tom Jones - You Can Leave Your Hat On
(I love the cheesy goodness that is Tom Jones)

Rosie Thomas - Much Farther To Go
(She's kinda Sarah McLachlan-ish. I love this song)

Now for the picture....If you look out the window by my computer desk, this is what you'd see. (However I walked up the hill a block to take this one. 10x Zoom is a wonderful thing considering this is the I-70 bridge and I live closer to the Monessen Bridge)

0 comments: