Sunday, February 04, 2007

Countdown To Valentine's Day = Countdown To Crankiness


Some people hate Christmas, personally I hate Valentine's Day. I can only remember 2 gifts that I've ever received on this holiday...a bouquet of...get this CARNATIONS and a Debbie Gibson cassette. Oh yeah! It doesn't get much better than this. Dead people flowers and bad pop music. Mind you the Electric Youth cassette came from the year it was released, so I have an excuse, I think.

So in 10 days, expect to see a rather cranky girl that's pondering why there has to be a holiday that celebrates love. That's all well and good when you have a significant other or a f-toy etc that will do your bidding, but in my lifetime I've not encountered one of these things.

Grrrr.

That's so damn wrong.

Where's my Choxie? Where's my dessert at a restaurant that serves lambic beer in champagne glasses dipped in chocolate? (Oh wait I know where that's at..Brulee at the Tropicana!) Where's my night of mind-numbing sex? Huh? Where's that? Huh? I want to know where that is?

The only thing that Valentine's Day is good for is making Anti-Valentine's Day Mix CDs and maybe yet another mix full of songs about unrequited love. PAH!

And in honor of one of my upcoming mix cds: The Smiths - Please Please Let Me Get What I Want

0 comments: