Saturday, February 10, 2007

Frozen

The Monongahela River is beautifully frozen, and fool that I am I had to get pictures of it. Since my little hamlet of Charleroi on Mon doesn't have any good spots for picture taking I went to Monongahela to snap my pictures.

I was thrilled to see a rivergull (Hey, the sea is about 7 hours away and Lake Erie's about 3...so these are river gulls cos I said so!)



The river was gorgeous and it was damn amusing to watch the gulls and ducks walking on the ice. (While I stood shivering with my nephew)



I was quite pleased to catch the gull in flight in this one. It turned out quite nice.


Here's a wide shot with the Monongahela Bridge in the background.



After we finished taking these shots I drove to Mingo Creek Park. (Yes, Jill, there are covered bridge pictures) I witnessed a rather large hawk making short work of a ....erm...FISH! Got a little teary eyed there. I have some gorgeous shots around the Henry and Ebeneezer Bridges which I'll post at the photoblog later. Right now I just want to thaw out.

0 comments: