Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

I think it was said best by the character Cameron on House. Valentine's Day is for couples. For the rest of us it's Wednesday.

Damn I wish I would have thought of that.

I'm in the Happy Wednesday category, but since I'm Queen of the Dorkalopes I have to do one dorkalope thing.

So for my friend who will probably be canonized for putting up with my emails for the last few months...I have a special Valentine's Day present.

George Harrison - I Don't Want To Do It

George Harrison - Abandoned Love

(These two are from 12 Arnold Grove)

Elvis Costello - You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
(One of the best Beatles covers ever)

Elvis Costello - Puppet Girl
(This is one of the Wendy James Demos. I think it made a b-side of one of the Brutal Youth singles)

~right now said friend is going...please don't post Radio Sweetheart~

All right, I won't. But I'll pout about it. Cos it has that cuteness factor that makes you go Awwwwww, right before you reach for the barf bag.

Elvis Costello - Basement Kiss
(Another Wendy James demo)

There are more from that demos disc...but these are my favorites.

And now for something completely different...

Duran Duran - Magic Bus
(This one might fall under the stinkbomb category, but considering what made the final cut of Thank You, this is a blessing)

Duran Duran - Bedroom Toys (Agterhuis smoking weed mix)
(Don't know if you have Astronaut, but this song is the best comic relief and I rather like this mix. Plus the subject matter is just..well....how to put it...amusing)

Bernie Barlow - Down By The Sea

Keri Noble - Talk To Me

Humor me on these two, m'kay. The first one is a cover of a Men At Work tune and damn if I can not find a copy of the original song, so I guess someone will have to tell me later if Bernie murdered it.

Oh and since it is Valentine's Day I come with candy.



(just because I'm a dorkalope and I couldn't resist making one of these while I was waiting for the laundry to finish)

And yes, I got a bit overzealous as usual.

~Looks sheepishly to the floor~

Enjoy your present. And it wouldn't hurt to let me know which ones you liked...hated or wanted to beat me over the head with a stick for making you listen to.

Happy Valentine's Day!

xoxoxo
The Mistress Of The Dark

PS...there should be an ecard coming your way...but I'm falling asleep at the keyboard right now...

0 comments: