Sunday, February 11, 2007

Ah The Joys Of Shopping

There's nothing that can't be cured by a good trip to the mall. But really it was a good day. I got my grandmother's shopping done before noon. My mix cd was made by noon and I had plastic in my wallet.

What? Don't yell, I didn't spend that much. I have a theory. If I'm using credit I will only charge something that I can pay off in one month or two. I charged a blissful $100 bucks.

4 little words: Free gift at Lancome!

So now I'm in the possession of a new concealer and foundation and some spiffy makeup. I also have a sexy little DKNY shirt and a black and white sweater that's really darling. (Pretend you hear a snobbish voice saying that please)

My mix CD kicked boot-tay, however my car CD player hates Tommy James with a passion that cannot be described. Have I mentioned I hate everything about Bernie the Beretta? I did a rather horrid thing with my mix...I did blocks of songs rather than my usual piecing together of tracks. So my mix is 3 Tommy James songs, 2 Grass Roots songs, 4 Three Dog Night songs, 2 songs by The Bangles (don't ask), many songs by Gordon Lightfoot and a few carelessly added songs by a few other artists.

There is nothing more cathartic than singing Hold The Fire at the top of your lungs while driving 70 mph down I-70 to Washington, thanking the lord that the state police weren't out to see you speeding.

The second most cathartic thing was drinking a wonderfully mind-numbing Italian Margarita at Garfield's in the mall. Yummy. Two things that there can't be enough of in life, amaretto and tequilla! Mind you this was the first drinky poo I've had in yonks that wasn't a wine cooler.

Life feels so much better right now, and I can ignore the fact that we're supposed to get a buttload of snow tomorrow night. Yuck! Or rather Fuck!

0 comments: