Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Love Is All You Need

For those of you that need help saying I ♥ you to that special someone, here are a few songs that could help you out, actually here are 24 of them. If you download them all, it might make a good mix CD. I didn't check the times though, so it very likely goes over 80 minutes, but hey, that's what mp3 players are for!

01. Tommy James - Love Words
(All the love's in your words if you say them right....)

I'm waiting for my dance. My toes can handle it. Honest. I've also noticed that this song hasn't been played on Pickle in awhile. ~sigh~ Of course it wouldn't be a good idea for me to go all dreamy eyed when I'm working, so it's probably a good thing.

02. Gordon Lightfoot - Inspiration Lady
(Jill's choice would be Beautiful, but this song is perfect in my eyes. No song is more beautiful than this.)

03. Diana Krall - From This Moment On
(This version of the Cole Porter classic is a wonderfully perky way to get a point across)

04. Elvis Costello - I Want You
(This is probably the most angsty love-ish type song ever written. Done live, it's breathtaking and makes me very jealous of Diana Krall)

05. Oingo Boingo - Stay
(Danny Elfman's voice = sex. N'uff said)

06. The Moody Blues - All That Is Real Is You
(Justin Hayward says love in the most beautiful and simple ways.)

07. Justin Hayward - Sometimes Less Is More
(Another one of the best songs ever written. It's really a necessity to hear this one. I'd dance to it too.)

08. Paul McCartney - Maybe I'm Amazed
(If this doesn't say I love you, I don't know what else does)

09. John Lennon - Love
(I think the title speaks for itself. The Dream Academy did a gorgeous cover of this song as well)

10. Midge Ure - Sweet N' Sensitive Thing
(Midge Ure is one of the best songwriters from the 80's. This song is from the album Pure, which went unnoticed...Almost any song from this album could melt the coldest heart)

I build my world around you...dreamed of a life beside you. I lay my heart upon the ground. My sweet n' sensitive thing

11. Siouxsie & The Banshees - The Last Beat Of My Heart
(Yes, I've gone all 80's goth here on you. Siouxsie shouldn't be neglected. This song is a live version from Twice Upon A Time, which if I remember correctly came from Lalapalooza)

12. Three Dog Night - An Old Fashioned Love Song
(Have I ever requested this one? I can't remember. But oddly this is the 2nd song by TDN to get stuck in my head. It's a great tune. But this is another band that doesn't have many stinkbombs in their catalog)

13. Ann Wilson & Robin Zander - Surrender To Me
(Anyone remember this song from the Tequila Sunrise soundtrack besides me? An unlikely duet that turned out rather well.)

14. Cliff Richard - I Will Not Be A Mistake
(This is off one of Cliff's more recent albums. Cliff doesn't get the recognition he deserves. Yes, he does pop music but he has a fine voice. This song gives me shivers)

15. Nick Lowe - Let's Stay In And Make Love
(Nick Lowe has the best idea. I can't argue with him one iota.)

16. Michael Crawford - Unexpected Song
(Mr. Crawford, aka The Phantom Of The Opera, does a beautiful version of this song from Andrew Lloyd Webber's Song And Dance. Michael has one of the most beautiful voices in music. This is another song that could melt the hardest heart. My dance card allows the man of my choice 3 dances....this is the third)

17. George Harrison - Beautiful Girl
(Yeah, Yeah, Yeah George wrote Something and yes, it's gorgeous, but I'm partial to this song I'm pretty sure he wrote about Olivia.)

18. Duran Duran - Come Undone
(This is just a sexy song, no ifs ands or buts about it)

19. Paul Stookey - The Wedding Song
(Beautiful is the only way I can describe this song)

20. Dean Martin - Ain't That A Kick In The Head
(I bow to Dino's infinite greatness. I believe this song was originally heard on Oceans 11)

21. Sarah McLachlan - Possession
(Another totally sexy song.)

My body aches to breathe your breath, you're words keep me alive

22. Caroline Lavelle - A Case Of You
(Joni Mitchell's most covered song, I swear. There's something haunting about this version though above all others, including Diana Krall's version which I love as well)

23. Adam Ant - Beautiful Dream
(I'm confusing love and sex right now, but don't we all do that every now and then? Although I'd like to imagine Adam as he was in the early 90's, SEXY as opposed to right now, which is anti-sexy)

24. Erasure - Tenderest Moments
(Gorgeous. I'd be Andy Bell's Valentine, but I'm not his type. Damn and blast)

0 comments: