Sunday, February 11, 2007

It's A Mini Me!

I think it's pretty scary when one of those little Yahoo avatar dolls looks pretty much dead on like I do. Hell, the damn thing even has a cat that resembles Oogie.

But since I decided to post my mini me (so to speak) I thought I'd share a few random factoids (I like that word) about myself. Perhaps it will clear up some things for some people.

~ cough, cough. hack cough, cough ~

1. I have a grandmother that's going to be 100 on March 10th. I do a good portion of her shopping, as well as the laundry with her once a week. Everyday I check in on her, get her mail and her newspaper and make sure all is well. Grandma lives across the street from us.

2. Mom is 73 and dad is 80. I was an afterthought child. The youngest of 3 children, which were spread out. My brother is 54 and my sister is 45. I'm 32. I stay at home with them, because mom has a bad heart condition and my dad can only do so much. My brother lives in OH and my sister has a family of her own, so that responsibility falls on my shoulders.

3. I have a bachelor's degree in Business Administration and I sometimes wonder if it was worth the paper it was printed on. I graduated with honors from California University Of PA aka CUP or if you are from the area, I graduated from 13th Grade. A vast majority of the students from the area end up there. PAH!

4. My CD collection is more important to me than my car. I think my collection is worth more than my car too, but that doesn't take much as my car is an embarrassment to all vehicles on the road.

5. My first musical memories are of watching The Monkees and The Beatles cartoons. My favorite Beatles song will forever be I'll Follow The Sun. I commandeered my brother's copy of Beatles '65 and I still have it. What's really funny is that George Harrison is my favorite Beatle, not Paul McCartney. (He's 2nd)

6. My happiest memories involve music: Meeting John Lodge and Graeme Edge of The Moody Blues (getting a bit drunk with Graeme Edge too), meeting Elvis Costello (He gives good hugs), and meeting Peter Noone. (There are other celebs I've met but these made me happiest) Hmm, I recall meeting someone else at that Peter Noone show but...nevermind.

7. My two hobbies are writing and photography. I've written countless stories including 2 finished novels that I'm too scared to do anything with. The fear of rejection is something I've yet to overcome. My digital camera is my best friend.

8. Atlantic City, Erie, Cincinnati and Lancaster/Philly (suburbs) are places that I would rather be right now. Great photo ops in all these places too. The funny part about my loving Atlantic City is that I don't really gamble. I do however like to shop, walk the Boardwalk and eat funnel cake, assuming the seagulls don't steal it first.

9. I miss Metropol and Rosebud more than I care to admit. I saw some great shows at these two clubs and Metropol had 80's night on Saturdays. It was great fun and a wonderful excuse to dress erm...up, yeh, dress up and then go to Eat N' Park for the Midnight Buffett!

10. I'm a reformed spoiled brat, OK a quasi reformed spoiled brat. I still like to have my way, but now I know when to toe the line so to speak. I also know that you can't always get what you want, however badly you want it. I also think that sucks.

0 comments: