Sunday, February 18, 2007

I Want A Hug & A Lap & Something Alcoholic

The first person to get me all three of those has my undying love.

And while under the influence of Nyquil, yet again....I made a mix CD

It's called:

~drumroll please~

A Glass for me... And a glass for me



This is the tracklist

1. Elvis Costello - Mouth Almighty (Because I find I shoot my mouth off once or twice nightly)
2. Tommy James - Ordinary Girl (Tommy wrote a song that bested Nowhere Man)
3. Justin Hayward - Sometimes Less Is More (This song is my mantra right now)
4. The Beatles - Nowhere Man (Sitting in my nowhere land...making all my nowhere plans for nobody. Thanks John!)
5. Oingo Boingo - Try To Believe (Read the lyrics and you'll understand)
6. The Moody Blues - Question (Alternate Version) (Best Moodies lyrics and someone knows my favorite song of Jus' from the core 7 era)
7. Charlotte Martin - Your Armor (Trying to wear down someone's armor is not easy)
8. Erasure - In The Name Of The Heart (Just call me darlin', M'kay?)
9. George Harrison - Cloud 9 (I'll see you there on Cloud 9)
10. Gordon Lightfoot - Inspiration Lady (This is the most beautiful song ever and I'll get sappy if I go on, so I won't)
11. Nick Lowe - Cruel To Be Kind (I tease the ones I love the most)
12. Donnie Iris - Little Black Dress (I still don't know if I give good leg yet)
13. Billie Myers - Am I Here Yet (Return To Sender) (I just have good memories of a fun work week associated with this song and Cleveland OH)
14. Billy Joel - You May Be Right (And I may be crazy. No wait. I think I am crazy)
15. Paul McCartney - Figure Of Eight (I run in figures of 8 all the damn time)
16. Traveling Wilburys - Handle With Care (The title speaks for itself)
17. Duran Duran - Want You More (Gratuitous Duran Duran song)
18. Jimmy Buffett - Fins (Never you mind why I picked this song)
19. Rob Thomas - Lonely No More (This is another cathartic song for me)
20. Diana Krall - Narrow Daylight (This song was written about her mom. I've attached similar feelings to it too. I can hear Elvis' influence in the songwriting too. It's one of my all time favorite songs)

0 comments: