Wednesday, March 07, 2007

This Just Doesn't Seem To Be My Day

Remember that Monkees song? I think it was from either the first or second album. I can't recall which right now, or maybe it wasn't either, who knows but it was a Monkees song.

I guess I should have stayed in bed the pillow wrapped around my head....

Yup, that sums up today.

In less than 2 inches of snow, I nearly wrecked my car not once...not twice...but three times...in the space of 4 blocks...going less than 10 mph.

Way to clean the streets! The roads were all slippery and slushy. Once I slid into the sidewalk wall. How Bernie the Beretta came out of that unscathed, I do not know. Twice I did fishtail turns to end up in the other lane, before I gave up and turned around and came home.

I think I shook for about an hour after that ordeal. And have I mentioned it was less than 2 inches of snow?

I think if the boss would have said, come in around 11...all would have been well with the world. But nope...try to come in at 9, when Charleroi had barely started to salt the streets, even though this storm was expected. They knew it was coming. It was no big secret!

Moving right along...I'm feeling particularly crappy with life right now. The amount of togetherness I'm dealing with is getting to me. I'm not a shiny happy girl right now. I need to get away from everyone, because my fuse is getting shorter and shorter. This isn't good. Because I'm snapping at people that don't deserve to be snapped at. And I'm finding myself latching on to people that probably would rather not have to deal with me, the human steamroller.

~sigh~

I think the only bright part of my day was getting my Grass Roots concert tickets. 3rd row dead center almost on the aisle. I'll be able to make goo goo eyes at PH, that's how close I'll be. Poor PH...he probably should be canonized for putting up with me. He's a good egg, he is.

0 comments: