Monday, May 31, 2004

Monday Music Mambo

Make Me A Little Mambo Music





Ok...I've made a huge mess today, cleaning. (Yeah already) And it doesn't look like I'm going to find my bed anytime soon, so I'm going to do my MAMBO now.

In case you were wondering, I found what I was looking for while cleaning. Yay for the silly black and white striped skirt I thought was AWOL!

Now onto the meme...

This is a special Music Mambo this week.

Why is it special?


Cos Crazies...The Mambo This Week is "THIS IS YOUR LIFE" (in music)

I'm going to post a few questions and you get to tell us which songs most suit that part of your life or event in your life.


1. Song By The First Band You Liked
The first band I liked was the Beatles. To be different and off the wall and not use the two obvious songs which for me are Nowhere Man and I'll Follow the Sun, I'll choose For No One, a beautiful track from Revolver that I love dearly. Paul McCartney sure can pen a beautiful ballad.

2. The Song That Makes You Think Of Your Best Friend
This is a really hard question for me, as I'm not speaking to the person I considered one of my best friends. I'll still say, The Damned's version of Eloise and as far as online friends go, The Moody Blues Your Wildest Dreams for Cheryl and MoodyMistress.

3. A Song By The First Band You Saw In Concert
First concert was the Monkees, so my choice will be Daydream Believer, my very favorite Monkees song. I love and still love Davy Jones.

4. A Song That Reminds You Of College/School
College? Would you believe One Night In Bangkok from the Chess Soundtrack? I was heavily into musical theatre in my last year of high school and college years. I'm getting back into that world again. Chess is one of my favorite musicals, Music by the male half of Abba, lyrics by the fantastically talented Tim Rice.

5. A Song That Makes You Think Of A Boyfriend/Girlfriend (Love) Past Or Present.
Skin by Oingo Boingo makes me think of my high school boyfriend who got me into Oingo Boingo to start with. We were a mismatched pair if ever there was one, but I send out my thanks to him for introducing me to this quirky fun band.

Ahhhh memories...

0 comments: