Friday, May 28, 2004

Vampires Mummies and the Holy Ghost

These are the things that terrify me the most...No alien psychopath or MTV host, scares me like Vampires Mummies and the Holy Ghost

Special Thanks to Jimmy Buffett for providing the lyrics and title of the post. Yes, I'm still talking about vampires. I'm sure most of you think my fascination with Van Helsing is a bit odd. Well, to be honest, I went to see the movie on a whim. I knew Hugh Jackman was in it, and well he's darn pretty to look at. I was also told, Mr. Dracula in the film was pretty fine.

FINE?

That's a bit of an understatement.

I like the words sex god..and actually from now on, when I refer to Richard Roxburgh, he'll be known as Mr. Sex On A Stick With A Glass Of Champagne.

Mmmmm, somebody let me know where I can get one of those!

But the vampire fetish didn't start there. I've always been intrigued by vampire lore. I read The Vampire Lestat when I was in junior high, either 8th or 9th grade, I can't really recall. Lestat is one of my favorite vamps, when Anne Rice isn't making his character rather pitiful. I remember reading Tale of the Body Thief and thinking, no this isn't the Lestat she wrote about in her other books.

I have dozens of books about vampires, romances and horror alike and then there's the vampire novel I'm working on. So yeah, I do like vampires.

I also like cheesy vampire tv shows. Anyone remember Dark Shadows? I was a huge fan of the remake that only lasted a few weeks in the early 90's. Mmmm Ben Cross played Barnabas Collins. What a lovely vampire he was. I've also enjoyed watching the original soap opera, Dark Shadows on Sci - Fi. Very bad acting, but still amusing. Passions is like that a bit these days, but I can't tear myself from One Life To Live to watch it anymore.

And while I'm on the subject of vampires on tv, did any of you ever watch Forever Knight? The lovely vamp Nick Knight of the Toronto PD. Another gorgeous man. Who really wants to see an ugly vampire? I don't. I think that's why I'm not fond of the early movies. To me vampires are the epitome of all that is seductive and forbidden. So if the vampire hopes to seduce me, he better be handsome. Nick Knight was definitely that. The actor that played him is Geriant Wyn Davies. I hope I got the spelling right on that. Beautiful man, but not as beautiful as Roxburgh.





0 comments: