Wednesday, May 12, 2004

And A Happy Hump Day To You

Wow! It's Wednesday already. I can't believe how quickly the week is flying by. Maybe that's because I have so much uncertainty in the coming week. Firstly, I don't know exactly how I'm getting to the Bowie concert.

Yes, I have a car and yes it runs properly. It's old though and it has some turn signal issues that I'd rather not have to deal with in city traffic. So I have one friend that's also going. She said she'd take me. That's all well and good, she has a large enough car. She hasn't mentioned what time she's coming to pick me up or anything. GAH!

I'd like to throttle her. Along with a few others right now. And just to let you in on a secret, I've only driven out of Downtown Pittsburgh alone once, and that was many many years ago, coming from a concert at the now defunct (oh yeah I like that word) Metropol. It was a Cheap Trick concert. I got lost. Had to drive in a circle to find the Liberty Bridge.

Oh Yeah, I'm a bright girl.

I hate hate hate driving in Pittsburgh alone. Hate it.

If this were the other venue that I'd be going to, Chevrolet Ampitheatre, on the South Side, I wouldn't have a fear in the world. Big parking lot, easy to get to and it's a straight shot from home almost.

Was this really what I wanted to rant about today? No!

The other part of what I wanted to rant about is the complete lack of spring in my part of the world. It's May 12 is it not. That's spring right? Tell that to the 80 plus degrees outside.

GAH!

I have never ever ever wanted to live south of the Mason Dixon line. I like my seasons. Only I'm getting shortchanged anymore. We have Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter and Summer.

A little more than a week ago we were almost frigid here, then magically overnight

BLAM! (uh oh..better make that KABLAM..lest Emerill gets pissy)

80 degrees! And it's staying that way too. That's just insane




Yup that little smiley reflects me. I'm about to perish from the heat. So would someone please tell me what happened to .

0 comments: