Tuesday, May 04, 2004

When I Wake Up Early In The Morning

~Lift my head....I'm still yawning...When I'm in the middle of a dream...Stay in bed....float upstream~

I'm now starting work at 9 o'clock, which has again thrown me for a loop. I was used to getting up at 6 to get ready, now I have extra time. Do you think I could use that extra time for sleep? Hell no! That would be too easy.

I'm up at 6:15 sitting here staring at the computer. I must be certifiably insane.

Oh wait I am.

The problem is, if you get me on a schedule for more than a week, my body adjusts and any little change throws me off kilter. Even on the weekends I don't sleep much later than 8:30. But wait, get this...I'm not a morning person. I'd much rather stay awake until 3 am than be up at 6. Oddly my body won't let me stay awake past midnight anymore.

How am I going to survive the drive to Atlantic City when I have to drive the last part of it?

Sweet Bejeebus!

Did I mention I can't take naps either?

I can't. My body only lets me sleep once for a long period of time, or nothing. Can you sense the fun that's in store for me? I'll be falling asleep at the Moody Blues concert!

ARGH!

Must do something to make sure that doesn't happen. Any ideas?

At least I'm not constantly sleepy anymore. That's a plus. I think it might be the drop in caffeine. I've gone down to only 1 can of CocaCola a day. Be proud! This is all in a vain attempt to lose weight. (that's not happening mind you)

I guess I can wait and hope, right? I promise I won't be sleeping at the wheel though.

0 comments: