Thursday, May 27, 2004

A Mixed Bag

A Mixed Bag

That's what life is really isn't it? I've had a lot of the mixture lately, the good and the bad. Stuff that I wish I could change but can't. I hate feeling powerless over things.

I've come to a few conclusions about life at this point. At least about my life, that is.

1. As far as dieting goes. I have to walk like a fiend and eat next to nothing to get the scale to budge, but guess what, I've almost gotten rid of my 7 pounds of weird monthly spare tire. Now onto the other 20 lbs I don't need or want. I will fit in my sexy hip huggers properly for the Moody Blues show in a few weeks dammit.

2. When things go bad, they ruin all the other good things that are coming up. I have a really bad feeling about those Moody Blues shows. I'm not even looking forward to them anymore. Thanks, David Bowie...and those two former friends of mine.

3. I'm better off alone.

No I'm not feeling sorry for myself, I'm actually telling you how I feel right now. Yes, things have been hard here, they still are. If I posted about all the crap in my life, you wouldn't want to read this, because it would be too depressing. I don't think my intention has ever been to come off sounding depressing.

Frustrated, Yes?

I'm very frustrated, with life and everything about it right now. But like I said, there have been a few pluses lately.

1. My vampire story is coming along really well.

2. I am finally starting to lose weight, it seems. Keep your fingers crossed for me, would ya?

3. I have some ideas for the additions to Broken Dreams/MOOT. Now if only some of the people who read it after its completion would tell me what they think of it.

My life revolves around the stories that I write. You wouldn't believe how much time I've put into what I write. I can only tell you I've written several hundred pages in the last few months. I might even say since last August I've done nearly 600 pages total when you combine all the stories I've written.

Now onto something happy

Theatre Thursday

Week 2 - Trilogies
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King has officially hit the stores this week (I bought the first copy at my local Borders yesterday). Trilogies have been popular in the movies for years. This week we look at questions based on some famous cinematic triumvarites:

1) The Back to the Future Trilogy sent Marty McFly 30 years into the future, 30 years into the past (twice!) and 100 years into the past. Which of these time periods would you like to visit in your 1.21 gigawatt-powered DeLorean, and why?

Well I can tell you it wouldn't be 30 years in the past. I'd hate to come across myself as a newborn. Actually right now, I wouldn't even be a newborn, I'd still be in my mom's belly. I wonder how exciting 1974 was anyway? No, no I don't. I think I'd go for the future, just to see how the world has advanced in 30 years. I probably wouldn't mind 100 years into the past either except I'd still be in the good ole US and I'd prefer to be somewhere in England.

2) The Lord of the Rings Trilogy was, of course, based on a famous trio of novels by JRR Tolkien. What sci-fi/fantasy/genre novels or series would you like to see turned into a Peter-Jackson-directed/George-Lucas-written/Steven-Speilberg-produced trilogy?

I wonder if they could do a better job with the first three Anne Rice books? That would be so wonderful. What Hollywood did to Interview with a Vampire and Queen of the Damned is criminal. Tom Cruise as Lestat, I don't think so. GAH!

3) Next summer, there will be two complete Star Wars trilogies in the history books. What's your strangest or most interesting Star Wars experience?

Don't have any. I don't like Star Wars, nope don't like it. I saw the first two when I was a wee bitty girl in the theaters. That's my only real experience. I've no desire to relive them. They don't excite me.

Bonus) While the Jurassic Park and Indiana Jones movies are currently only trilogies, plans are in the works for a fourth movie in both series. What trilogy might've been better served with a fourth movie? Which trilogy would've been better if they had left it at only one movie?

Can you say Scary Movie. One is more then enough! As for adding movies, please, no! The business of sequels and trilogies, when they aren't needed, is just a money making scheme from Hollywood. Make a good movie, then go make another, but don't exhaust the characters and come up with lame plots!

But if you want to do a prequel of sorts that would tell me a bit more about Van Helsing and Dracula...from the beginning, well, I probably wouldn't object.

0 comments: