Saturday, May 29, 2004

When I Wake Up Early In The Morning

This is going to be one of those lazy weekends. I'm going to read, probably Dracula and not the book I claim to be reading. I have this nasty habit of reading two or more books at a time. I just finished reading the tie-in book to Van Helsing. Just so I could close my eyes and picture the Divine Dracula, Mr. Sex On A Stick With A Glass Of Champagne.

It was a fluff book, not really worth the time it took to read it, but frankly I didn't care. I got to giggle at all the parts of the book that I liked in the movie. So, I just had to read it. Just like I have to read Dracula and Frankenstein now. Believe it or not I've owned copies of these books, but have never got around to reading them until now.

Much like Les Miserables, which I read not to long ago. I'm tempted to say that I read again, but I know in High School I didn't really read it. I sometimes think that some of the literature that's forced down students throats isn't on the level of the reader. It took a lot of appreciation for the story to get me to sit down and read one of the abridged versions. Someday I'll read the whole enormous volume. At 29, I was ready to understand, a lot more than I was at 14 or 15.

So I'm devoting today to being entirely lazy and enjoying doing not much of anything, except going for a walk.

I did make an interesting mix cd. I have a blog over at Art of the Mix and I decided to make a mix with one of the other bloggers there. We used the theme debut albums track 2. It turned out really well I think. I came to appreciate some songs I might have scoffed at prior to building this disc. I won't discuss which ones they were. Nope...won't do it.
Check out the mix on my page to see the tracklist. I'm open to making a mix or two like this with anyone else that's interested.

Oh and onto a fun, meme type thingie...I bring you this...

AAdventurous
NNaive
DDevious
RRespectable
EEntertaining
AAmbitious

Name / Username:


Name Acronym Generator
From Go-Quiz.com

Surprisingly accurate, even with my name instead of my username.

I'm now going to move on to the rest of my day of laziness. Bram Stoker's Dracula calls, and perhaps I'll even watch the movie or...oh my god..make some mix cds, cos there's a vacation coming up quickly and I'll need some spectacular tunage for the journey. Who knows what will happen on a day of laziness. I'm just confused as to why I'm up well before 9 a.m.

0 comments: