Sunday, May 02, 2004

I Don't Want To Do It

I'm finding some of the lost and rare George Harrison songs. There were a few bootlegs out awhile back and they made it to the Sharing the Groove site I have linked on the side of the page.

I've never heard the song I Don't Want To Do It and I never heard George's version of the song It Don't Come Easy. Both are fantastic. I don't know why I didn't think that George would have done a demo for It Don't Come Easy, considering he wrote it.

Ok, must regain my composure. Crying shouldn't be happening right now. This is my me day, tears aren't allowed.

Oh dammit, George Harrison should not be dead.

No

No

No





It's been almost 3 years now and when I hear his music I still cry. I can't help it. Just like I can't help loving the songs that he wrote. Songs that were beautiful in their spirituality. Songs that were beautiful in their silliness and in their snarkyness. To listen to George Harrison is to listen to the heart of the man. There may not be a huge catalog of George Harrison albums, as there are McCartney albums, but what there is sheds light on the man that was part of the hugest group of all time. A group a vast majority of the world will remember with love.

Hearing these songs for the first time today has made me smile and cry, because there won't be anything new from him. This is the last of George Harrison beauty that will come to my ears as new. That alone is sad and depressing.

George thank you so much for the music I had the opportunity to know in my life.