Friday, May 14, 2004

I Don't Think I Ever Watched This Much Telly

Last night was the last episode of Fraiser, and while I didn't watch that show on a regular basis, I watched this one, just to see how they'd end it. I watched Cheers growing up, so his character was with me for a very long time.

So, yeah, that's what I spent my night doing, watching clips of old episodes of Fraiser, which is similar to what I did the other night. I watched the Dick Van Dyke Show reunion. No, I wasn't alive when the first show was on, but I watched so many of them in reruns and then later when it was on TV Land.

The funny thing about TV and myself is, I don't really care for anything that's been on now. At least nothing that's new and American. I love British TV and their comedies are wonderful.

Thanks to our PBS stations, I got to watch all those wonderful old britcoms, Are You Being Served, Keeping Up Appearances, Black Adder, and then some other more recent ones too. I have a particular fondness for Red Dwarf and more recently Coupling.

But sadly nothing including the britcoms has made me really want to turn the telly on. More often than not, the computer is my entertainment. I see more movies than I do tv, except for my sudden need to watch General Hospital..

Don't ask, cos I don't know. I've never watched soap operas before, it's something that just started recently.

I will say this.

Friends...sorry, I was glad to see it go.
Fraiser...I'll miss David Hyde Pierce, but only in previews, cos I never really watched the show with any regularity.

Reality TV? Can we just stop the insanity now?

0 comments: