Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Bowie - Benedum Center


If I were a little more awake, I'd give you a better play by play of last night's show. Suffice to say that as usual, Pittsburgh gets the shortest concerts ever played by the man.

The reason, the damn union for, I believe, the stage hands. The show had to end by 11 pm. So instead of 2.5 hours that he usually plays, he only played 2. Not that I'm complaining too much, though I would have liked to see him do 5 Years, which has been part of his encore most of this leg of the tour.

The good thing about this show as opposed to the 95 show that I saw, was that he did the hits as well as new tracks and an oddity or two. Space Oddity was the only well known track done in 95. This time round, we got Ashes To Ashes, Station To Station, Modern Love, China Girl, Ziggy Stardust, plus Rebel Rebel and New Killer Star to name a few, out of order.

I think that's all I can manage for now. Great show! Mr. Bowie rocks.

0 comments: