Monday, May 10, 2004

It's All Too Much

That's a Beatles' song, isn't it? Yup, it is, by Mr. George Harrison, but I digress.

I've had so much time to myself, but so little of it is "me" time. I was out of work for 8 months, as most of you know, and I have only been back to work for about a month now, though still not on a completely fulltime basis. Can I get a collective ARGH from all of you?

In eight months I've put on another stubborn twenty pounds, I've written countless stories, finished a novel, made mix cds, and was lucky enough to see and meet the Moody Blues. If it weren't for that subborn twenty pounds I'd almost say the last year was pretty good.

Over the past 3 months I've really put my all into writting, I finished my novel, wrote another 30 page short story and then started work on a novel that I had left to die on my hard drive.

As much as I love my writing, I've let "me" go downhill. This 20 pounds should not be here. I feel like a big fat moo cow.

This has to be stopped. I can't go on like this. When I was out of college I wore a size 2!! Of course that was 9 years ago. I'm not happy with the size 8/10 I'm in now.

I've been dieting since February with no luck. The scale will go down five pounds and then come up 6.

For a month I've almost completely given up my consumption of Coca-Cola, my only true addiction. Do you think Mr. Scale budged at all?

NOPE!

Mr. Scale hates my guts.

I'm now working and doing some spot reducing excercises on my tummy. I walked 4 miles today. Hopefully I'll be able to do that a few times a week.

But what I'm trying to say is, maybe my writing updates will only be every other day instead of everyday. I need to do this for myself, before I really start to fall apart.

Oh and to end on a happy note...

Thanks to Friday for making the lovely button for me. She made me about 5 or 6 of them, I'm going to rotate them weekly. Feel free to take it and linky back to me...once you upload onto your own sever...etc etc etc.

0 comments: