Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Ponderings of a Deranged Mind

I was seriously considering what my type was today for some strange reason. Almost everyone has one, but I don't think I really do. At least not one that's discernable by features of the eye-candy in question.

I don't know what made me start thinking about this today. Maybe it was just a bout of feeling sorry ofr myself and maybe I was just trying to rationalize my strangeness. Whatever the case may be I was thinking on it a lot today.

Let me list a few of my heartthrobs for you, my concubines, if you will.

Justin Hayward - Blonde blue eyed god
John Lodge - Tall hazel eyed hunk with lovely curly locks
Elvis Costello - Intelligent, snarky geek, with a way for words
Greg Proops - ditto, only he can't sing for crap
Richard Coyle - Dark curly haired actor, best known for playing the bumbling Jeff on the UK Coupling series
Johnny Depp - Sex on a stick
Richard Roxburgh - Sex on a stick with a glass of champagne

OK, so Justin and Richard both are blondes with piercing baby blues, but the rest aren't. Greg and Elvis are similar in features and both look like the prototype geekboy, but still there's very little to link them.

Oh wait, yes there is. Well besides all of them being spoken for, they are all beyond my reach.

Things that only dreams are made of. Men that even if they were to walk down the street of my little hamlet of Charleroi on Mon, would not give me a second glance or the time of day.

Hell, no man gives me the time of day. If I had a second look from anyone, I think I'd fall over dead. That's why I gave up on dating after my last relationship fiasco, oh god, six years ago. Yup, I gave up hope at 24 and so far there's been nothing to hope about.

So why not have a bunch of pretty men to fantasize about. It's not as if the world is beating a pathway to my door! Ha! The road is overgrown with weeds, cos the world is walking the other way.

Do you think it's possible to desensitize yourself from people? I know in the past few years I've come to hate people touching me, even as far as a hug, if its not a person I'm fully acquainted with. I don't like people getting to close. I might even go as far as to say I don't even want people to get too close.

Pardon me, while I pretty up this post before you start feeling really sorry for me.



Have I mentioned I love Richard Roxburgh?

Yeah, I thought I did.

Now onto something a bit, erm...funner. Yeah something fun.

Tuesday Iffers

I've never done this meme before, but why not. I'm turning into an meme kinda girl. My life is that boring, really it is.

Keep On Singin' My Song...
Part 1

If you had a theme song, what song would you pick?


This question has been asked before. I wish I could pick something all inspiring and poignant.

I can think of 3 songs that suit me really well. The links will be to the lyrics and I'll let those of you that know me decide which is best

The Beatles - Nowhere Man
Oingo Boingo - On The Outside
Elvis Costello - All Grown Up

So go ahead...which one do you think suits me best...and I'll tell you which one I picked tomorrow evening

0 comments: