Sunday, May 09, 2004

Sunday Brunch

Nothing happening this early on a Sunday Morning, so I'm doing Sunday Brunch. I'm sure there will be other things to blog about as Mother's Day progresses. (Right now I'm thankful I'm not a mother)

So here we go

What Would You Do?
Everyone has different reactions to different situations. So, what would you do if you came upon the following...

1. A person obviously struggling to keep their head above water in a pool or lake.
It would be my first reaction to jump in, but I'm not a good swimmer and the ultimate outcome would be 2 people in need of rescue. I'd rush for a life guard first. If I couldn't see one quickly I'd probably jump in and join the other person in drowning.

2. You find a $100 bill on the floor in a store.
Guess what? I'd pick it up and put it in my pocket. Not honest, nope. But then again no one is. If it was in a wallet that's another story. It has ownership. A hundred dollar bill is a hundred dollar bill, and I've got bills to pay, thanks for the free money.

3. A dog or cat with a broken leash wandering aimlessly in your neighborhood.
I'd try to see if it were hurt or if it was friendly to strangers. If the dog or cat came over I'd check for tags or numbers. Someone is likely looking for this animal. I'd petsit until I could find its owners. If they never claim said dog or cat...I'd probably keep the animal. I don't like the idea of shelters. There are too many animals there, that people have thoughtlessly tossed away.

4. A person you don't know knocks on your door in the middle of the night claiming they have an emergency situation and want to use your telephone.
This is a hard one. In the middle of the night in this day and age, I'm sorry, you aren't coming into the house. I don't know you, therefore I don't trust you. I'll make the 911 call, you just stay outside.

5. You see a car veer off the road and into the ditch.
I would send someone to go check on the person in the car, if I could or go check myself. I'd call 911 if it was needed too and I'd wait til they got there before leaving.

0 comments: