Friday, May 25, 2007

Top 5 On Friday - Week 125

From the ladies @ Music Memoirs

Top 5 bands or albums that "I" should really listen to more.


I gave away one answer, when I posted this meme.

1. Garbage



Anyone remember this album? It was great, one of my favorites of the 90's. I have this and all but one other album of theirs, but for some reason I don't listen to them as often as I should. Perhaps its because there sound is so different from what I'm listening to now.

Whatever, they have a best of album coming out in July, maybe that will give me a better chance to listen to them again.

2. Nick Lowe



Most of Nick's back catalog is out of print, but I have his box set and several of his albums from the 90's, yet I don't listen to him nearly as often as I like, and when I do, it's the obvious songs like Cruel To Be Kind and I Knew The Bride.

I'm going to pre-order his new album At My Age. That should give me something new to listen to in a month or two.

3. Dar Williams



I've only really listened to her album My Better Self and the song February from Mortal City. I need to start listening to her more. I've picked up a few of her discs from La La, so I can sample them, only I haven't. I should be ashamed of myself.

4. Wilco



I love the stuff these guys did on the Mermaid Avenue discs. They are another band that I've bought most of their stuff, but have I listened to them? Nope. I think it's my fear that because everyone else likes them, I won't. Why? Because I'm like that.

5. Gary Puckett & The Union Gap

If someone would buy me this album:



or this album



I would definitely listen to more Gary Puckett. Right now I only have one shoddy best of CD and it doesn't even have enough songs on it to play through more than one time at a sitting.

0 comments: