Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Guy At The Gym

Ok, I think Gym Hottie (GH is what I'll call him now which is better than a Pickled Herring, right?), probably thinks I'm stalking him now.

He was at Jack's last night, and came in wearing shorts and a muscle shirt. Now mind you I don't go for the real muscle bound type, but he's quite nicely built....not scrawny and not a total beefcake....

It's a good thing that I can get away with drooling by passing it off as sweat. Lordy he's gorgeous. He comes in at the tail end of my workouts it seems. Which is a good thing because when he comes in, I stare and drool like a I'm 32 going on 13....so his coming in then means that the drooling and acting like an idiot doesn't last too long. If he came any earlier there would probably be puddles around the equipment I used.

After my workout last night, I headed over to Giant Eagle, because Weight Watchers TV dinners were on sale 5 for $10 and I had a coupon to get one free..so woot! 6 for $10. I pick up some grapes and a 12 pack of wake up juice (Coca-Cola) and head to frozen foods...

I'm walking up the aisle and low and behold it's GH pondering Morning Star frozen thingies. I quickly hurried up the aisle to the TV dinners that I was searching for. If I didn't bad things would happen. I'd somehow manage to freeze my tongue to the case or something like that.

When I shared this story with my mom later she asked "Did you say hello to him?"

Say hello?

Uh no! That would be a bad thing. Because words would fall out of my mouth and it would end up like that "Fishy" situation that I'm still not quite over. OK, I'm nowhere near over.

And the reasons why I won't speak to GH?

1. He's gorgeous. No man that looks like that would even notice my existence let alone speak to me. Hell I wasn't worth PH's notice...perhaps a giggle from him or ridicule...or both, but a real notice...nope.

~sigh~

2. I don't think I'm ready to be rejected again. Once a year is enough for me. I've had my quota thanks to PH. I've fallen off the horse, so to speak, and I'm in no way ready to get back on for another humiliating ride.

So in light of that, I'm going to enjoy drooling on him and hope he never notices.

0 comments: