Monday, May 14, 2007

Random 10 - Week 105

From Music Memoirs

10 songs that sum up your weekend...or were on your weekend playlist...and one picture that relates back. (oh, and if you feel like it, tell us why you picked the songs you did)

The first bit is stuff...that I miss hearing on WPKL...sniffle...I want my cheesy goodness back.

WAH!

1. Mark Lindsay - Arizona
(A friend of mine in my 60's photo community on LiveJournal shared it with me. However it's now wedged in my mind and it won't leave)

2. Robin MacNamara - Lay A Little Lovin' On Me
(Uh, this Robin is a man. Yikes! Until I saw the video for this song on You Tube...I thought he was a she)

The next song is from Paul Revere and the Raiders Hard and Heavy with Marshmallow CD. Gotta love that title.

3. Paul Revere and the Raiders - Cinderella Sunshine
(There's a lot of "Sun" songs done by this band)

Fun stuff on mix CDs etc comes next

4. Annie Lennox - Walking On Broken Glass
(My favorite song from her first solo disc, and the video features the ever yummy John Malkovich. Drools)

5. Cheap Trick - Had To Make You Mine
(Rick Nielson was doing his best Lennon/McCartney when he wrote this song...it's very Beatle-esque)

6. Grey Eye Glances - Hey Love
(Another favorite of mine from the NJ band that needs to get into the studio to record another album!!)

7. The Devlins - Almost Made You Smile
(One of my favorite not so well known Irish bands...that I think everyone should hear)

8. Shakespear's Sister - Stay
(Marcella Detroit from this band is Marcy Levy from Eric Clapton's band in the 70's and 80's. This brought me a huge WTF this weekend)

9. Erasure - Sunday Girl
(They're playing Cleveland on a Wednesday night. I just want to cry, but instead I'll just play this song over and over and over)

10 Matchbox Twenty - Bent
I've always loved the weird lyrics to this one.

shouldn't be so complicated
just hold me and then
oh just hold me again

can you help me I'm bent
I'm so scared that I'll never
get put back together
keep breaking me in
and this is how we will end
with you and me bent


And because I love you:

Download (tracks 1 and 3 are m4a files)

The picture this week is from McShane's Greenhouse/Florist in Rostraver...where I spent loads of money in the last 3 days.

0 comments: