Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Take Me Back Tuesday - Week 123

From this over taxed lady @ Music Memoirs

What musical formats do you remember (CD, Cassette, LP etc)?I think I've had something in every format over the years. I still have loads of LPs and 45's...I think I even have an 8-track of The Concert For Bangladesh. Mind you they weren't making those anymore when I really started to get into music, at least I don't think they were.

What was your favorite format 5 years ago? 10? What is it now?
5 years ago it was the CD.
10 years ago the cassette dying but I didn't have a CD player in my car so those little obnoxious plastic things were really important to me then.
Now the CD is still important and a favorite because I like to have tangible proof that I have music. I love digital media, but it's taking too much on faith that my music won't get swallowed by my computer or wonky mp3 player at some point.

What was your first portable music player? What is your current portable music player?
If we go by truly portable (as in portable with ease) I had a kickin' yellow Sony Walkman. It was a slim one with fancy earbuds and it cost a small fortune at the time. It was also a piece of poop that broke faster than any Walkman I've ever owned.

If you count a boombox as portable, my first CD player was a Magnavox boombox that I saved months to buy. I loved it to pieces.

Now I'm the proud parent of a Creative Zen Micro 4 GB in a lovely shade of pink. I also have a little 128 Creative Muvo. I love them both dearly, even though I'm still coveting a 30 GB Zen Vision.

0 comments: